Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bubble girl

I am loosing my mind with this girl! I need a little bubble so I can put her in it when she wants to run and play. Last weekend, we had a series of unfortunate events for Katanya.

Here it how it goes (or happens)

  • #1, Thursday night she falls coming out of Cruz's bedroom and hits the floorboard. Luckily it wasn't very bad and didn't swell at all. Kid's witnessed this.
  • #2, Friday while loading for our short trip to Utah, she was outside and tripped by the stairs. She scraped her cheek on the sidewalk. Not very big at all. No witness but me.
  • #3, Friday night we were at Larry's house. Jake and Larry had gone outside to discuss landscaping, so I had taken the kids into the basketball court room and let them play with all the balls. I had closed the door so we wouldn't be loud upstairs. When they came back in Larry opened the door and Katanya (daddy's girl) saw Jake and went running to her. She somehow figured how to run straight into the door. This one a little more severe. After an ice pack, and watching for signs of concussion, she was okay. It didn't bleed for more that what you see in the picture. Larry witnessed this.
  • #4, Sunday, while at Jen's house after the blessing, Katanya was standing on the ground (I wouldn't let her sit on the bench) and was playing the piano. When she was done with her beautiful sound-making piece, she turned right into the piano bench. She didn't even stop for more than a kiss on this one before she was off again.
  • #5, Isn't pictured on this. It happened after I took these. Sunday, while at my other friend's house, we were in the backyard letting the kids play in the sandbox. When Katanya was done she stepped out. Everything fine. She started walking and tripped. Her cheek scraped the rosebushes. Everyone outside witnessed this.

After this, I didn't even chance anything else. We went inside, put up the baby gate and and she played in the playroom. It worked. It's also a good thing that I actually have people to verify this because otherwise she looks pretty beat up. I don't know what to do. I watch her, I don't leave her unsupervised, but I don't want to fuss and baby over her all the time. All I can say is I'm starting with having her vision checked. Seriously.

P.S. Sorry you can't zoom in on the pictures. I can't figure that out.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Poor girl, that is so sad. I hate it when they get hurt! Maybe she is in an 'awkward' stage right now.

Keli said...

Poor little K.

I know you're beating her, but I won't tell.

Kirsten's hair is cute with the blond in it, btw.

Betsy said...

Isaac used to look like that all the time. I think he still does. He just doesn't feel pain as much as the other kids I think. The vision check sounds like a good idea!