Wednesday, May 21, 2008

TWO WHEELERS ARE BACK IN STYLE

Kirsten wanted to learn to ride a "two wheeler" (in her words). So the training wheels came of this weekend. She started on the grass so it wouldn't hurt when she crashed. She even put her helmet on without us asking her to. I guess she knew what to expect.She wasn't sure if she wanted her dad to let go.Pretty soon she would go pretty far by herself. Then came the real challenge.
The driveway. And she even avoided hitting our new car.
Yesterday she told me, "Mom, you can never put my training wheels back on. I will never go back to those things again."

P.S. Jake's pretty dirty because we are still planting trees. (still) That day we planted 750 together. After tomorrow our count will be just over 4700 with one last shipment coming. Today I took the day off (raining) and enjoyed a early birthday gift from my friend. A free 1/2 hour massage from a massage therapist. Thanks Lindz!

4 comments:

Kaahl said...

I could totally beat her in a race though.

Keli said...

Grass learning is the way to go. We did that with Emma, and it made it so much less stressful.

Good job, Kirsten.

And are we calling Katanya Anya now? Is this a permanent change? Just wondering, because I love both names!

amy k said...

It's just a nickname. I call her both.

Keli said...

I love both. And I love that you've been changing your template again. I check your blog like 10 times a day, and it's always different. I love that.