Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A WEEK FROM ????

I'm in a complaining mood today. It's been one of those weeks. Bear with me. I always say no matter how hard you try, something ALWAYS goes wrong. This past week was one of those. (After I finished writing this post I went back and tried to find the good out of this.)

It has rained here the last 6 out of 8 days. I'm not just talking drizzles, I'm talking downpours. Temps never getting above 50. We worked on Monday and then our driver did a no show. So when Friday came and our pit was dried out, Jake and I hauled as much as we could before it started raining....again. It's almost the first of June and it still feels like the end of winter. Although I'm not going to comlain TOO MUCH because I will take the rain over all the other crazy weather and natural diseasters happening in the world. Needless to say, work is slow, planting is slow, we have work lined up but mud is messy. (Positive outlook, the trees have been getting plenty of water and look SO GOOD!)

We lost our internet in a Thunderstorm Saturday morning. The whole entire holiday weekend was spent without the internet. This reminded me of our visits to Utah. (Can't think of anything positive about this.)

Jake had to speak in Sacrament on Sunday. Being on time is very rare for our family because of little kids and other incidents that always seem to happen. IE: losing car keys, diaper changes, cereal spills, alarms not going off, you get the point. So we were on time with 10 minutes to spare. I'm sitting on a bench, closer than usual and during the sacrament hymn, Cruz gave me no warning and then threw up his breakfast. I grab him and dashed to the bathroom barely making it in time for the second dose. Somehow he got 95% on himself and not the bench, thank goodness. So I wait for the sacrament to get over and I can hear my darling little baby girl screaming inside while I am in the foyer. McKay had her arms full. After it was over I walked up to Jake, got the keys and took the two youngest home. I was really bummed to miss his talk. He gives REALLY good talks. (Nothing good here either.)

I'm hoping this week is better. I'm having faith to make it with a positive attitude. Wish us luck.

P.S. I guess there was one good thing. Jake got a new toy.....I mean piece that he needed. Stay tuned.

No comments: