Friday, May 30, 2008

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN

Katanya's surgery went very well. The only difficulty came when they pulled the tube out from the anesthesia it triggered a little Strider (croup). We were expecting this and it made me so glad we waiting the two weeks for her to get bettter. She had a breathing treatment and was watched for a about half an hour and then she was brought to us. She enjoyed just being held and being able to watch cartoons. The hospital always give a child a bear when they come in. Katanya now has four diiferent colored bears. (Not really something to brag about.) She didn't ever let her orange bear from her sight. Even when she came to the nurses said she asked for her bear.It didn't take much to get a smile. The rest of the day, she enjoyed Popsicles, jell-o and juice. Looking at this you would think Jake was the one that had to get up at 4:30 a.m. And of course the funny part of the day. I should just let you look at the picture and come up with your own take of the story. Maybe I will just put in a few key words.

IV
Lactated Ringers
Full diaper

(I had just changed her prior to this happening. This was just one "spill". The nurse must have had sympathy because she brought Jake a pair of scrubs.) I should have just let you imagine what happened. The spot was just too perfect.With her being so young they observed her overnight. In the morning she ate her pancake, had the IV removed, and she was ready to leave and go home. We stopped at one of our favorite places (Jamba Juice) and went home to the family. After three days of little sleep (not more than 3 1/2 hours) I am looking forward to my own bed and a nice long night of sleep.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm so glad that she is feeling better and that the surgery went well. It's always stressful when your baby goes in that operating room. I was a mess with Toby. But kids heal fast and I am so thankful for good doctors.

Alice said...

I am so glad that she is home and doing well. We remembered her in our prayers and will continue to do so.

Earl and Vickie said...

Every time I see these pictures I think how cute Katanya is....