Friday, December 04, 2009

Back from vacation

(I'm behind on blogging. Actually not behind but more like unmotivated. Being sick and being in freezing single digits can bring one down. Hopefully, I can update my header very soon. I am still also in dire need of a family picture as it goes with my Christmas tree tradition. )

For Thanksgiving we ended up spending it with my family. We had lots of options and we honestly didn't decide our plans for certain until the weekend before. I hadn't been there for my dad's birthday since the year we got married so that played heavily into the planning. And while loved seeing Erika (and fam), Karl, and Maddy, we missed Betsy in Vegas.Whenever someone in my family has a baby, my dad says he won't hold or play with them until their two. I guess I'm just more pushy than my brother because I have pictures within 2 days to 2 months of him holding all of my babies. With Olivia, it took almost 5 months. Maybe my dad is just getting more stubborn in his age.

It was fun to spend Thanksgiving and his 69th birthday.

2 comments:

ShayLynn said...

I can not believe your dad is 69 - crazy!! I also can't believe Mike has a baby... I don't think we could have ever imagined our brothers being dads!

grannybabs said...

Glad you had a good holiday.