Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Week in a Nutshell

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with my week. Other than this is how I felt by the time Friday came around. To stick my head in a hole and hide.

I'm tired of the goats being on the top of the blog and this week has been nothing but busy and crazy so I really don't have much to blog either. Although what I realized this week was that being a single parent(the second time around, since I have been a "real" single mother before) with three kids almost 6 and under is a tough job. McKay's in Utah and I have noticed that she is such a big help when she is home. I think I take a lot of that for granted. I think my kids are going thru a phase of teasing and whining and that just doesn't go very far here. Anyway, back to my work. There are the kids. Then you have to add, taking care of over 10,000 trees and shrubs and making sure the sprinklers are working and watering all of the sections. Then add a business and a phone line that when ever it rings your kids decide that is the time to start teasing and yelling. Not done, then you have to add the driver that is working and getting him invoices or directions or whatever he needs. And on top of this I am entering in all the checkbook, credit card, and invoices for last year so we can turn in the taxes and get our refund and stimilus check back. What a nightmare. Then I'm in the middle of working on my own yard. It's in need of a little landscaping itself. Also, don't forget the animals, but I won't go there. By the time Friday rolled around, I was ready to leave for the weekend and leave Jake with the kids.
Now reality hits in and we all know that would never happen. Although come to think of it, I have never gone anywhere for more than a couple hours or so without the kids by myself. Jake and I have had a few nights away (the marathon this year).
P.S. Now I realize Jake is not off having fun, he is working all daylight hours. But there is something to a nice full long night of sleep that makes you handle a day better.

4 comments:

Phoebe said...

Amy-it sounds like you need a real getaway. You deserve it!

Kaahl said...

yikes! I am struggling just to fold my own clothes (i have been sleeping in "clean" laundry piled on my bed for two weeks.) ANyway, just saying that i know how it feels.

Alice said...

I am sorry that life is piling up on you. I certainly know how you feel. Dale used to go to Sam's for a couple of weeks at a time and it was hard being the single parent. We are excited to come and see you. We leave tomorrow.

bonny with a Y said...

i feel your pain as well - although we have no animals because i think it would push me over the edge.

bruce leaves today for youth conference and we are flying solo too.