Thursday, July 31, 2008

Uncle Axel Donut

Axel and Maddy came this past (long) weekend. It has been a long time since the kids and I have seen them. It brought back a couple memories. Axel has been to Idaho to visit us a number of times. First in 2003 with Betsy and her family when we went to Yellowstone. That seems like it was just yesterday (for us older folks). You can notice the poor digital quality in the first picture. Axel is the one in the middle on the top row with the red shirt. He was just a little kid. Then he came in 2004 for Thanksgiving dinner. I think Hannah can remember the ride up. I wasn't there but I heard about it. Something about Jake's truck and his mom, brother, and sister. Also Copper was there if I remember right. This was a "different" but fun Thanksgiving.Then Axel in the summer of 2005, the independent stage. Jake wouldn't let him ride four-wheeler without the helmet. In fact, we bought this helmet just for him. He wasn't too pleased about that rule. Next, Axel came in the summer of 2006 again. After promising the previous year that he wouldn't help Jake again. He came out of a kind heart (and sweet parents) after I had my accident and Katanya was premature. He was a huge help that summer. I noted a small change. He had gotten a little taller.Finally, the summer of 2008. Axel isn't a kid anymore. I was shocked to see how much he had grown up and what five years can do. (P.S. A brownie point, Axel (and Maddy) were a big help. They did dishes several times and Axel helped Jake out around the "farm". Maddy was a great aunt and played very cheerfully with the kids.)
Although, after all this time, Kirsten still remembers his nickname for her Uncle. I don't think it will ever be forgotten. (Play)
Cruz altered it this year and stuck "stinky" in front of it. Kirsten countered it by saying "pretty". I think she wanted to stay on Axel's good side.

3 comments:

McKay Anne said...

thats a cute video

Hester said...

I love you too axel!

PS: in my head axel is still 3 years old stomping around in his hiking boots and shorts

PPS: Kirsten is hilarious!

Keli said...

Amy,
I just wanted to stop by and send you a thank you for all the sweet things you wrote to me and my family over the last few weeks. It really means more than you will ever know. Also, please tell Jake how impressed I was that he and Erika waited for 2 hours to come through the line. Seriously, it was so nice to see a familiar face! Most of those people I didn't even know, and I sure missed my mom because she always knows everyone! So thank you again. You are awesome.