Saturday, July 12, 2008

"This summer...."

"....I'm staying at home more and not going down to Utah as much." I say this every year. Does it happen? So far, not yet. This summer out of 6 weeks already, I have made three trips. I'm not saying Utah is bad, I'm just saying that sometimes it's nice to stay home and do other things. So while my blogging has been a little shaky and sometimes non-existent, this is the reason.

The first week of June, baseball started. The girls wanted to do some kind of sport, and this happened to be the one of choice. So for 3 mornings a week, I had to juggle six games. Fun but as a parent, you wonder why you do this to yourself. (We all know the reason, it's for the love of our children, but you still ask yourself).The only trick was, keeping the little kids happy and close by why I watched the older kids play. We all know how two year old's work.The only unfortunate thing was in the first two out of four weeks. Only two days were played because of weather. It was still mighty cold, wet, and windy in the land of Idaho. The good thing, this baseball league is played more for fun than anything. It makes it so the kids really enjoyed it.Then came the first trip. My sister's wedding. I'm not going a lot into detail here because it was (and still is) a very complicated soap opera. My dad came back for two weeks. My kids always love it when he comes up.(Our second trip down) Mike and Haley got married on the 24th. They are a cute couple and this was a fun gathering. We also had to take Grandpa back. From the time they got engaged, my girls were excited Haley would be there aunt. They love to tease and play with Mikey.You would think that they actually love each other. This is a favorite pic.Sam spent a good 7 weeks with us. He learned how hard grunt work really is. Also just how important sleep is when you have to get up early and start a long day. Although his appetite is one of a horse. : ) He is a great kid and my kids really like him.. All of the grandchildren with the grandparents.After the reception, we headed back to Idaho that night. I really wanted to just keep on going and go to Robbie and Hannah's reception in California, but work and the trees just made it impossible. But on the other hand, Betsy and her kids were almost to our house! This is always fun when she is here and she is a great friend. I am always saying how lucky I was to marry into a great family! I wish I were closer to her too. Betsy stayed with us for a week like I said before. So at one point there were 12 in our house. It never seemed like that many at all. Believe it or not, everyone had beds except two. Isaac slept on the couch downstairs and Toby got two foam pads on the floor. (I tried out the foam pads and I thought they were more comfy than the couch personally.) Hint, hint, anyone is always welcome to visit us up here and we have plenty of room.

We all know Betsy is one of the photographers in the family, where I really struggle. I didn't even pull my camera out at all. We played a lot in the water, and whenever this happened Katanya had the desire to be undressed. I'm still shaking my head and smiling.

Our third trip was last week. McKay goes to her other dad's for the 2nd half of summer and Jake starts a project in Salt Lake. We spent a couple days with Erika and pictures are still in the camera. That will have to be a later post.

So as you can see, this summer won't be the one either.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Thanks for the update. We are excited to come and see you although I am not sure that you will actually be in Idaho. However, we will see you wherever you are. I hadn't even known that your sister was divorced, let alone remarried. I hope that she will be happy. How are the kids? You look great. I love your hair. Mine is long and I am not quite sure what to do with it.

Alice said...

I need a 5X7 family and a 5X7 just kids photo. Perhaps I can get them when we come.

amy k said...

I'm not going down with Jake when he is in Salt Lake. He should be done with the project the first of August. I will be staying home taking care of the work here. Although he will be coming home on weekends.

hanner said...

I'm sad that you couldn't come out for the wedding but we understand! But the good news is that our good friend Veronica is getting married on October 18th in the IF temple so we'll be up to see you guys! I'll call Jake sometime later to give you guys details. Robbie's been talking about coming up to hang out ever since he met you guys. Seriously.

amy k said...

You are more than welcome to stay here if you want to. We would love that! I remember Robbie saying he wanted to shoot guns with Jake. We've got plenty of target practicing available.