Monday, November 12, 2012

#12 Fruits and Vegetables

I've been on a kick with salad's lately. If made right, they just taste so yummy!  (Made without onions that is.)  This past weekend we went out with some friends and I had a strawberry pecan salad for a side and it was soooo good.
So I decided to create one of my own for a side at our dinner tonight.  It was greens, strawberries, oranges, avocados, pecans,  a little bit of broken up bacon, croutons, and cheese topped with Raspberry Lime dressing.  (I should have went Newman's New American dressing, the raspberry lime was too much.)  But the taste of the fruits and vegetables was Amazing!  I'm THANKFUL for the good and healthy foods in my life.  I'm glad there is a balance.  I miss not having a garden of my own and growing some of my most favorite ones.  Sweet corn, banana squash, and sugar peas to name a few.  I miss the home grown peaches and raspberries that we had while growing up.  You don't realize how easy it was at my fingertips til its gone.  So now, I'm thankful for the fruits and veggies we have here.  (I think I'm going to have to make some fruit salsa tomorrow with strawberries, kiwis, mangoes, oranges, pineapple, a little bit of sugar and lemon juice and then cinnamon / sugar tortilla chips.  Yummy!)

1 comment:

chelon:) said...

Such a fantastic salad. You will have to let me know what brand of Raspberry Lime you got. So glad we got to triple date :)