Saturday, June 24, 2006

Counting My Blessings!

I would have to admit that I have been pretty overwhelmed by the events that have happened in our family over the past week. Although last night I found out some news that really put my trials into perspective. I learned that Randy and Star had a little girl 12 weeks premataure at 1 lb 6 oz. The moment I heard that I forgot all of my worries concerning Katanya and my heart just went out to them. Here I have been "uber" concerned about my baby thinking that we had it rough. Life definitely is not easy but it could be worse. I feel so blessed that so many people have excercized their faith and prayers on Katanya's behalf. I know that it has made such a difference in the outcome.

Right now in th NICU at our hospital there are 5 babies. One is a little boy that has been there almost 3 months ... he was born at about 2 lbs and is now at about 4 lbs. Another is a little boy that has been there about 2 weeks and has some problems. Another is a little girl .."Aspen"... that was born just a few hours before katanya ..she was 10 weeks premature and weighed in at 3 lbs 9 oz. She has a severe heart murmur and her heart stops beating about every hour. Another is a full term little girl at 6 1/2 lbs who came into the NICU 2 days ago with severe seizures. Then there is Katanya ... she is doing so well. The doctors have basically told us that at this point she is the least of their worries among the patients in the NICU ... in fact they said that she was doing amazingly well. We feel so blessed. I know that it is only because so many have prayed on her behalf ...thank you so much.

Back to my original thoughts though ... I have spent the day having good thoughts and praying for Star's baby....Emily. I hope that I can share some of the great love that I have felt others give to our family over the past week.

2 comments:

grannybabs said...

I once read a comment where a woman wrote "Why do people say - 'All I can do is pray for you.' when praying is the greatest thing you can do for someone?"

The family has certainly demonstrated that praying for others is indeed one of the greatest things we can do for them.

traci said...

Amy, I felt the same way when Natalie was in the NICU. She was the baby they weren't overly concerned about in the NICU. My thoughts were completely centered on Natalie's few problems. Then you were in the accident and Katanya was born early. I think it's only normal to get wrapped up in the moment.

We have all been blessed this past month by prayer. I pray that everything will come to a good end for both Katanya and Emily as it did for Natalie.