Friday, June 23, 2006

A new day

Katanya improves everyday. This morning when I went in they had her at 21 on her oxygen. That is the air that you and I breathe. They still were blowing it at a lower level but she was breathing room oxygen! She started feedings two days ago thru a tube in her nose that goes to her stomach. She was at 6 ML yesterday and today they were going to up it to 8 ML. They say her IV will come out soon as soon as she digests everything. I am amazed at what a strong girl she is! We love her.
Everyday I have been amazed at the progress that Katanya has been making. I have counted my blessings. I used to want my "schedule" planned out or at least try to be planned but lately I have been content with just living day by day. We have felt the prayers and know they are being answered. I just want to thank all of you again for everything that you have done. We love you all!

3 comments:

Mike said...

Thanks for the update and the pics.

Looks like all is well... and getting better day by day.

Min said...

She is adorable! She sounds like she is progressing well. You are all still in our prayers. We love the updates!

bonny with a Y said...

I love the pix and the updates.

She seems so alert for such a preemie.

I'm glad things are progressing.