Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Humbled by your love.

Jake brought his laptop to the hospital tonight and took me to a Wi-Fi spot and I looked up the blogs. I am so appreciative by all the thoughts and prayers by everyone. I married into a great and loving FAMILY!!!! No one could ask for a better one. I appreciate everyone and their actions on helping and being so caring. It makes everything a lot easier on us.

I never realized how hard a C-section would actually be. I have always bounced back from normal deliveries and had no problem getting around. Boy, do you take your stomach and all the little muscles and skin for granted. I was shocked and put in my place last night when I went to walk for the first time. As was I this morning when I felt better and walked to the nursery a couple times. Needless to say I had to swallow my pride and take the drugs for pain and allow myself to be pushed around in a wheelchair. I am still doing really well though as like Jacob said, It could have been A LOT worse.

Katanya has gained an ounce back and has been stable most of the day. Her breathing and respitory count have been what they expect for a premie. The say it is possible for her to be off of it at the end of the week if everything keeps improving. We will finally be able to hold her for a little bit then. It's a day by day progress and we will take it that way as well.

Kirsten and Cruz don't really understand what has happened but they are doing well. They were fine and walked away from the accident without any pain or scratches. I know see the great importance of safety seats. I have always had my kids buckeled up but you still never think it could be you. Especially thinking you will be the victim of a drunk driver accident. Jacob is a new member of the F.A.D.D. program. (ha ha).

We have felt your prayers and I just want to say THANK YOU for everything once again. WE ARE TRULY HUMBLED BY YOUR LOVE!!!!

7 comments:

Hester said...

I love you amy! and katanya, who is adorable by the way. You guys have been so blessed already and i pray that trend continues!

Donna said...

I am glad things are going so well. She is a cute one. We will continue to keep both of you in our prayers. Our love to all of you.

Keli said...

One question. Where does her name come from? I love it!

bonny with a Y said...

Thank you for keeping us updated on what happened and on your progress. You are in our thoughts and prayers and I am grateful you all came out of it alive.

Stay strong!

Eliza said...

I'm guessing the name has something to do with Jake's Russian experience?

Plus it starts with K.

I love the variety in your kids' names.

Eliza said...

P.S. Isn't it great that so many people blog?

If you didn't, I'd probably know almost none of the details about this. Or about your lives in general.

Hooray for blogging.

grannybabs said...

We are thinking of you and praying for all of you also. I was commenting to Bonny that for years there didn't seem to be much going wrong in the way of births, deaths, accidents, etc. in the Clayton family - especially when you considered how many people there were n the family. But now the numbers are exponentially growing - and with it the potential - statistically - for more things to go wrong.

Just another reason for all of us to stay together, pray together, and follow all the rules!