Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Katanya's day

Today, I was able to come home from the hospital. It was hard to go home without your little one but the nurses and the hospital were wonderful! As Jacob said, Katayna went off the ventilator yesterday. She had a good night and was doing well in the morning. She was put on a "billy" blanket because of a little jaundice. It is very typical for premies though. This afternoon I went back to check on her and they had taken out her belly tube that acted as an IV and other things. I was able to hold her for the first time! It was so special! They are going to try to give her her first breast milk later tonight. I didn't even think I would be able to hold her today so I didn't have my camera with me. I was unprepared but the memory is there. I am so amazed at technology these days. So much has happened in her last four days that has been amazing!

Jacob has been great! I could not ask for a better supporter, husband, or best friend. I am really grateful for all that he has done for me and our family. It's late but Happy Father's Day Jacob! I love you!

5 comments:

Felipe and Erika said...

I used to be the type to check my blog once a day, but now I find myself checking it 2 or 3 times a day just to see how Katanya is doing:) That is so exciting that Katanya is doing so well! I am so happy you were able to hold her Amy! We are praying that things will continue to improve every day! She is such a little miracle. I hope you are feeling better each day too, especially your jaw and neck. Don't over do it! --- I know how you are:) I am excited to see you all very soon! We love you. ERIKA

Donna said...

Great! I am so happy you got to hold her. I also check your blog all the time now to see how Katanya is doing. We love you and hope you continue to feel better.

Betsy said...

The Lord has really answered all our prayers, most especially yours. I am so glad that she is progressing well. You are all still in our prayers.

Alice said...

We are so happy that things are looking up. Prayer and Fasting are true principles and especially effective when many are saying and doing the same things. We love you all and are so happy for you.

Min said...

Take it easy Amy! Trust me you will feel it the next day if you don't.

I'm so glad that Katanya is doing well and that you got to hold her. It's such a relief to know that they are doing well enough that you can. Your family continues to be in our prayers.

We love you guys!