Monday, June 26, 2006

Eighth day progress

I have to admit that Jake is a little better at blogging than me right now. He is more creative with the pictures and everything. It's late and I'm tired so mine will be short and sweet. Katanya amazes me everyday. It has been nothing but an improvement everyday. I know it's all the prayers and love that she has been receiving. No doubt in my mind. Anyway here is her update.

Today she went off oxygen completely at 11am. When I visited her tonight she had held her own all day. If she does well and continues they will take off the oxygen tubes. She is at 17ML and will be up to 21ML tomorrow. Yesterday when we visited her (our nightly visit), she had gained 105 grams. Thats a little over three ounces. Today she gained another 20 grams. She has exceeded her birth weight and is now a little over 4 pounds and 3 ounces. Another good thing is that she was able to be "introduced to nursing" today. (I don't know how else to put it). She would suck a few times and then look around. Then she would go back and repeat for about fifteen minutes. We will do that every morning for a little while.

Like I said, I am completely astonished at her progress. She is a strong willed person and we all love her. Kirsten loves to go so she can put her hand on her knee and talk to her. Every time she asks if she can go.

Maddy and Axel are also here. They have been a great help to us. I am very grateful for family and their willingness to help. I don't think I could ever say thank you enough.

6 comments:

grannybabs said...

So happy with the good report!!

Alice said...

We are so glad to hear that all is going well. Glad that Maddy and Axel are helping.

Donna said...

So glad she is improving and now you will be able to nurse her. We are still praying for her!

amy k said...

They only have said that they like to say that they will be home on their due date. Then if they go home earlier it's better. We don't have an approxiamete date but it's okay.

grannybabs said...

How is the neighbor's baby doing?

bonny with a Y said...

i'm so glad thingas are going well.