Saturday, October 04, 2008

Another pet peeve

Today, I feel like I've accomplished plenty. Between watching 7 kids, I've managed to sleep in, do six loads of laundry, clean the house, upstairs and downstairs (I guess I should say straighten since I cleaned everything earlier this week), make two pair of pajamas, and now blog. Now that I've boosted me up, onto the blog story. Below is one pet peeve that I have of Jake's pajamas. Somehow they end up three inches too short.I know that pajamas aren't seen and are only worn to bed. But seeing this every night really bugged me. I guess you can add that to my OCD list. So this morning I pulled out the flannel I bought over three years ago (on sale for a dollar) and was going to make him a pair that was long enough. After measuring him and it said to make a small, I figured he always bought a large and proceeded with the large. The results were hilarious. Both Jake and I could fit in them. So here is the second try. Mission accomplished. Tomorrow will be my pair. Although finding the size is another situation.....

2 comments:

Betsy said...

an easy way is to take a pair of pjs that already fit in the top part. lay it on the fabric and trace around each side (front and back). Make sure to add 1/2 inch all around and 3 inches to the top to allow for the elastic. Then just draw (cut) a line straight done for how long you want the legs, adding 2 inches for the hem. Most pj patterns have tapered legs. This way you'll get wider straight leg pjs. Cheaper than buying a pattern.

Laura said...

Oops...I hate it when things shrink!!