Sunday, April 27, 2008

Birthday wishes!

I'm a little behind so I guess I'll start where I lasted posted off (not Jake's cheese).Mckay turned nine and that evening she got to open her presents. McKay is never an easy person to buy for. She either wants something really small that you know you have to get her more. Or something big and you know it's not the time. This year was one of those years. Basically McKay wanted a couple H.P. book's that she didn't have but read of course, and a computer. I'm not set on the computer with her age and all to herself so that was immediately thrown out. So Jake and I talked, and we opted for a cell phone. I don't know what prompted this but after a lot of thinking, we figured she was mature enough to handle the responsibility. (We also opted the Hot Spot at Home phone. T-Mobile has certain phones that have this so you don't have to worry about minutes. This enables your phone to use your wi-fi and connect on to it when it is available so when you are talking it won't use your minutes up. Brillant!)

We followed up her birthday dinner with Teriyaki Stix (her choice) where it was fun and easy (and cheap). That night she came up after we tucked her in and made the comment. "Mom, you don't have to get me a present next year because this is the best." How sweet is that.

One down, 5 to go. Our birthday's each fall one in each month April thru September. I don't know how we got so lucky.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

my kids will be jealous about the cell phone.

Cute scripture case. I have a similar one. But when I asked them, all the kids wanted plain ones. Oh well. I think mckays is uber cute!

Happy Birthday girl.

Laura said...

Fun birthday! And the w490 rocks! Love the color choice.

amy k said...

Yeah, but we took it back to get the Hot spot phone. (after realizing how much she talked on it the first day. I would have loved the blackberry pearl.)

jdqt_pie said...

hey its jauntae i got my phone when i turned 11 and i have the samae phone as that she probably love it what a good mom and dad