Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's that time of year again

McKay's science fair was today. Her project was a small take-off of Nate and Jake's fun in Texas. Since we had been thinking about it for a week, somehow it was still left to the last day. (I still don't know why that always happens.) So projects were tested, reasons were established, and science was found. Since I'm sure the elementary school doesn't want a student shooting off a ping pong ball with a vacuum pump in the school, it was all taped, demonstrated, and explained.




It was also all digital this year, no poster board, no papers, just set up the vacuum pump, (unplugged and not fully put together just in case) insert the DVD and turn on the TV. It was all set. Sounds easy enough but many late hours were put into this. I don't ever remember my projects being so complicated. (my only answer to that is that with Jake, nothing is simple, we all should know that. IE: see link of Nate and Jake's fun in Texas)


After all was said and down, McKay placed a good second. Although she was a little disturbed that the same girl from last year beat her out. Over dinner, she was already planning on what bigger project she can do next year.

4 comments:

N8ster said...

I can't watch the video--it tells me it is no longer available.

amy k said...

Okay, now try.

N8ster said...

Nice. I see you upgraded the vacuume pump.

Jacob said...

NO the coupler broke again so I borrowed one from a friend of mine who has an HVAC company. That little coupler is $37 TO REPLACE!