Saturday, April 19, 2008

The end is near (?)

It's all done. Only things left are dirty hands, sore back, and aching forearms. Next week I can finally get on with my somewhat normal life. My housecleaning and cooking and all suffered this week so I'm sure it will just be playing catch up.

FINAL NUMBERS:
Trees ordered: 1020
Trees shipped: 1045 (so I ended planting more than I was anticipating)
Trees planted Friday: Amy - 169, Jake - 58
Trees planted today: Amy - 119, Jake - 1, Teamwork on the big trees 10
Trees Jake ran over with trailer: 3, 1 was unsavable (had to insert this)
We left 9 bigger trees unplanted and set in water as we are going to plant those along the burm on our property.

Although I have to say, there is quite a feeling of satisfaction when you are planting trees.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Dude you deserve a day at the spa to relax, unwind, and de-callus with all your hard work.

traci said...

I can't imagine tackling a task that big. Great job! At least you get the sense of accomplishment on a job like that. Now dishes, laundry and picking up the house....it's like a circle.