Monday, April 28, 2008

Desperate Housewife Pet Peeve

Any of you who know Jake's family, know how much they LOVE cookies. At my house, it's usually Jake who makes them. I only make them when I have to take them to other people. I loved making cookies as a kid, but now, it's just another chore. I love to cook, I love to try new things, but cookies aren't my "making". I think it all comes down to the patience of putting the cookies in, and waiting for them to cook, and making sure they are done just right, and then taking them out. Then there is always the clean up. Maybe if I had a Bosch, it would be a little better experience. All of the other younger kids fight over who is going to help, who gets to use the blender, who gets to dump what ingredients, and who gets to crack the eggs. It's become a favorite thing to help dad to do. That's okay, the kids need some bonding time with dad. Especially in the summer time when things are crazy. I can't butt in here.Anya does have the best part done though. She will get every little bite, don't you worry. I remember many of times while staying with Dale and Alice's, that me and Hannah would sneak off with the cookie dough. Axel never liked it when we did that. Maybe it's a boy trend in the family that it's just suppose be their thing to make and bake good cookies.(I had to insert this picture just to show Katanya always knows what she wants. She eventually pushed Cruz off and onto the floor.)

Now that I have confessed my Desperate Housewife Pet Peeve, does anybody else have one?

8 comments:

Keli said...

I hate cooking dinner. Mostly I just hate coming up with what to cook for dinner.

And what is this Bosch? My friend just bought one, and I have no idea what it is. Is it like a KitchenAid stand mixer? If it is, you need one.

amy k said...

Jake has tried to buy one since we got married. I always told him no, we don't need it. It is like a Kitchen Aid because the last time we went to Dillards he said he had changed his min and wanted a Kitchen Aid now.

Phoebe said...

I am totally with you, baking is not my thing.
And I have a Kitchen Aid and I wish I had a Bosch. It's easier to dump ingredients in than the Kitchen Aid.

Hester said...

the only thing i actually DO know how to make is Kerksiek cookies and having my kitchen aid definitely makes it easier (sadly i only ever use my kitchen aid is to make cookies. I am sure it is grossly underutilized.)

Laura said...

Your kitchen looks awesome first of all. And I think baking cookies is annoying too- it takes too long since you do several trays. Sometimes I just make one big bar. And I like cleaning things up but it really really bugs me when it gets messy again.

Jacob said...

I have one answer to all of those qualms ... CONVECTION OVEN ... definitely worth every penny. I can cook 3 or 4 trays of cookies at once!

amy k said...

Somehow I still get stuck cleaning up the mess though. (hint hint)

Felipe and Erika said...

I loved seeing all the photos of the bar, it looks great. Sorry we missed you this weekend, we are planning on the end of June!