Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spud territory!

Jake is finally turning "Idahoan". (Is that really a word?) Some people up here talk really funny. They have their famous quotes, such as "a couple of three" and they always referring to "moving pipe". In fact the first summer we moved up here someone in church was saying a prayer in Sunday school and I quote "We thank You for the sunshine, but it's a bit damn hot. We could sure use some rain."

Jake has fallen. He's said a couple of quotes that I've let slide but now his english is suffering. (For those that know Jake he is always correcting mine.) The latest that is driving me nuts is his pronunciation. It's a "W" -pronounced with the last syllable a "ya" instead of correctly "you" -. I bought me a double-ya 20B, or a double-ya is after V. He denies it but it's true. I've caught him a handful of times in the last week. Before you know it he's going be going to the local donut shop in Ririe talking with all the old farmers. Somebody help!

(It doesn't really bother me, I just have to give him crap because he constantly is telling me I need to go to college and take English 101.)

No comments: